Sr. Backend Engineer
Percolate is The System of Record for Marketing®. With offices in NYC (HQ), SF, Miami, and London, Percolate provides the world’s most complex marketing organizations the visibility, coordination, and governance they need to successfully execute their marketing strategy. Over 800 brands including GE, Unilever, Mastercard, Marriott, Levi’s, Cisco, and Cigna trust Percolate to drive brand and revenue growth.
Backend engineers at Percolate are responsible for the design and development of Percolate's core application, and the critical software infrastructure on which it runs. As part of the team building the System of Record for Marketing you'll write software in Python and Go, use SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as Postgres, MySQL, Redis, and DynamoDB. You'll also use some of the latest in Data Pipeline technologies such as Apache Kafka, and searchsystems such as Elasticsearch. It's a dynamic environment, and working collaboratively is key. And since we’re a SaaS platform, you'll be responsible for running the software you create -- so you'll need to be as good an engineer as you are a developer.
- 6+ years of experience with significant Python development achievements at a senior level.
- The ability to translate high-level requirements to a working system while setting technical direction and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Hands-on experience with either SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL technologies (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra).
- Experience building enterprise software for professional customers
- Interest in building innovative SaaS-based systems, and reliable service-oriented architectures.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- A believer in test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills and team player
Nice to haves
- Experience with web development frameworks such as Django or Flask, and what it means to run such systems in a production environment.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, and search technology such as Elasticsearch is particularly helpful (Solr and other Lucene-based search systems also helpful).
- Familiarity with AWS services (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch) or similar cloud environments
- Interest in helping companies control and manage their entire marketing operations and ultimately how the consumer experiences their brand.