Arlo has a dominant position on the home security camera market. With more than a third of market share on the US market, and millions of cameras deployed throughout the world, Arlo is in a unique position to build groundbreaking new intelligent capabilities for its Smart Home products, starting with cameras.
- Implement and develop backend modules to enable use cases of Arlo Smart that leverage our video and sound analytics algorithms
- Design and implement a granular architecture for these modules, the APIs and integration tests that go with it
- Help develop internal tools for our engineers to leverage the massive amount of data we collect to build groundbreaking machine learning models
- Optimize and compromise for speed and/or accuracy
- Work with a team of software and hardware engineers to get your components to beta and production
- Work with product marketing teams to:
- understand customer feedback and define new iterations of our features
- define the next big thing(s) on the roadmap
- present and discuss your work with NETGEAR executives, board members, etc.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc or BSc in computer science
- One to five years experience in large scale backend systems with millions of clients and/or massive amounts of data
- Strong fluency in Python, Java
- Strong fluency with continuous integration tools - Jenkins, Git/Gerrit
- Strong fluency automated building frameworks like bazel or cmake
- Good knowledge of deployment packaging tools - chef, docker, ansible - includes server configuration
- AWS, S3, DynamoDB, EFS, EBS
- Monitoring tools (Kibana, Zabbix, DataDog)
- Some bash scripting appreciated
- Ability to work independently, in a SCRUM-like environment
- You need to like code reviews, continuous integration, automated extensive testing.
- A love for beautiful code
- Humility, respect, and a tremendous desire to learn.