The Senior Cloud Architect provides cloud focused architectural expertise for all BECU solutions that will be cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) hosted. They will be responsible for developing the migration path for existing on-premises BECU solutions to the next generation cloud environment. This role also manages and interfaces with third party vendor and internal stakeholders to deliver comprehensive cloud solutions.
This key senior Sr. Architect will be part of BECU’s Cloud Services Team and working closely with our Compute and Cloud Program and teams across IT and the organization to implement BECU’s cloud strategy. Part of that will be a strong go-forward adoption of Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and platforms, tools and processes to facilitate agile methodologies supporting our business’ dynamic digital and computing needs. Another component of the role will be develop and drive the creation of methodologies that will support the migration, refactoring or replacement of existing systems with strategic Compute and Cloud solutions.
- Lead, synthesize, and socialize the design, development, and deployment of solutions for one of the following domain areas: Cloud, Application, Data or Security.
- Create and maintain domain-specific architectural vision, standards and constraints and develop technology roadmaps to realize; collaborate across business units to architect solutions that drive business and membership value.
- Review existing architecture to identify technical debt, design gaps, new opportunities, and create actionable recommendation for enhancements.
- Support leadership with resource planning activities by providing technical insight into upcoming and ongoing project deliverables.
- Design solutions and standards that are aligned to IT and Business compliance and risk management frameworks (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Represent the domain-specific team during broad strategic discussions, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with production support efforts to resolve near-term domain-specific architectural issues and to remove architectural design debt.
- Facilitate agile methodologies supporting domain-specific needs as needed, including developing and/or driving the creation of methodologies that will support the migration, refactoring or replacement of existing systems with strategic domain solutions.
- Provide development specific financial and technological analysis to IT leadership across teams to break down barriers and foster an understanding of domain services and architecture standards. Ensure that solution can be maintained and extended in the long-term.
- Manage and interface with third party vendor and internal stakeholders to deliver comprehensive domain solutions. Review and recommend selection of third-party software platforms as needed.
- Pursue and incorporate knowledge of latest new domain-specific technologies and integrate them into the architecture design where appropriate. Understand current and emerging threats specific to the domain, designing architecture to mitigate these threats where possible.
- Mentor engineers or other technology peers in best practices associated with domain design.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing and implementing technology roadmaps and working solutions in the specific domain required, including experience managing delivery for multiple simultaneous complex technology solutions.
- Proficient project management skills with experience in agile development preferred.
Knowledge of the primary Azure services (Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS,)
Strong track record of implementing Azure services in a variety of distributed computing environments
Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, JSON, PowerShell)
Configuration management (E.g. Terraform, Chef & Puppet)
Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Knowledge of the Microsoft infrastructure and solution stacks operating in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid hosting environments required.
- Strong ability to communicate complex technically challenging concepts required.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills required.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Occasional travel required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.