We are looking for Sr. AWS Data Analytics for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Sr. AWS Data Analytics
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
- Helps to align to overall strategies and reconcile competing priorities across organization.
- Designing/developing schema definitions.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging data and design problems.
- Designing/developing ETL jobs across multiple platforms and tools including Hadoop, Vertica,
- Roughly 70-80% hands-on coding.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: Product Management, Project Management, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software Engineers, and other Data Engineers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of project across the data landscape.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
Must Have Skills:
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8years?experience developing DB schemas, creating ETLs, and familiar with Hadoop/MPP systems.
- Strong experience in one of the Columnar and MPP database (Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, etc.) is a must have
- Advanced experience in writing complex SQL, ETL batch processes, SQL tuning is a must have
- Advanced experience with scriptinglanguage ? Python or Shell is a must have
- Experience with Amazon web services: EC2, S3, and EMR (Elastic Map Reduce) or equivalent cloud computing approaches
- Strong expertise in Data Warehousing and analytic architecture
- Experienceworking with large data volumes
- The ability to get code in to production
Nice to Have:
- Hands on experience with Hadoop stack of technologies? Hive, Pig, pig-udf