This role supports the process automation team for both the Drug Products and the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and assist with management and monitoring of all installed automation systems and infrastructure. Addition responsibilities can include installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. This position will assist with managing, configuring, and supporting automation common core systems. These systems can include asset management, Solar Winds, Team Foundation Server (TFS), among other centralized functions. Additional tasks will include Automation Standards management, application licensing management, automation training development, & automation estimate reviews.
- Communicating and collaborating with operations and automation engineers to determine needs for licensing, monitoring, and asset management.
- Assist with documenting and completing historian tag updates
- Performing records retention tasks
- Managing department systems and data related to obsolescence, software storage (TFS), Functional specification IDs, time tracking, shutdown project data tracking, Equipment Asset Management System (EAMS) support, and license management.
- Configuring and monitoring assets remotely and managing ticket assignments for issues related to equipment impairment.
- Develop and manage long range plan for asset management and remote monitoring goals and objectives.
- Assisting Compliance lead with strategy, methodologies, and SOP periodic review, CAS reviews, and other documentation.
- Assisting Cybersecurity lead with strategy, methodologies and documentation of process and procedures. Assist with monitoring and data gathering required by ongoing programs. Assist with installing patches and updating asset management database.
- Assisting Infrastructure lead with strategy, methodologies and documentation of process and procedures.
- Assisting Project Management lead with strategy, methodologies and project tracking data and metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical degree.
- Systems or Programming related education or experience
- 5+ years' experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Good Organizational skills and can meet project task deadlines
- Proven ability to work in team environment and contribute as a team member
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- The ideal candidate should have background in cGMP regulations and the practical application of those methodologies to control systems.
- MS Windows Server and Active Directory knowledge
- OSI PI Knowledge
- SQL / Database Knowledge
- Remote System monitoring experience (Solar Winds preferred)
- Experience building virtual systems and installing patches
- VMWare, VSphere, VCenter Knowledge
- Experience with training or creating CBTs and job aides.
- GMP knowledge and experience
- Basic networking knowledge