ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
- Perform equipment installations, maintenance, repairs, and qualifications to ensure the highest level of instrument reliability and up-time.
- Monitor instrument metrics and advocate serviceability within cross-functional teams
- Responsible for instrument up-time and ensuring that service documentation meets Guardant Heath's quality management system
- Evaluate equipment performance trends to propose long-term solutions as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and disseminate information by developing SOPs, checklists, and service bulletins.
- Contribute to the management of a maintenance and calibration system.
- Help end-users troubleshoot issues
- Provide service and support during normal business hours, as well as after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Effectively communicate with third party service providers.
- A BS degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, with a minimum of 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years service engineering or instrumentation and equipment support.
- Proficient in providing service support for Hamilton Robotic liquid handlers.
- Experience providing service support for Qiagen QiaSymphony, Agilent TapeStation, Illumina Sequencers, and various other laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience authoring and executing PM, IQ, OQ, repair, and other service related documentation.
- Familiarity with developing and executing training programs and providing knowledge-transfer to other engineers and lab personnel.
- Experience working within a CLIA and GMP regulated environment.
- Experience standardizing processes for scalability and sustainability.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external colleagues and customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, and regulatory disciplines.
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Liquid Handler programming exexperience is a plus.
- Field service engineeringexperience is desireable.
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation with afterhours and weekend response as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as needed.