$80K — $100K *
The Sr. Automation Engineer has a leadership role in pilot line developments, machine upgrades, creates a machine spec, and outsources a machine build. A key player to support business unit needs with respect to data collection, scrap and MUV reduction, OEE and yield improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Experience with the high volume fully automated production machines.
• Hands on experience with the following but not limited to: Machine design, machine fixture design, CAM driven machines, pneumatic actuators, servos, stepper motors, EFD dispensing valves, vision systems, sensors, sonic welding, pick-and-place mechanisms, pad printing, electrical test instruments, air-leak testers.
• Extensive experience with PLC (preferably Allen Bradley) control, HMI, I/Os
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Experience with the electrical hardware, schematics, and wiring per NEMA STD is desired.
• Networking and automatic data acquisition.
• Determine machine requirements, evaluate needs and translate them into feasible and economical equipment solutions.
• Capable to perform reverse engineering, measure and spec out tooling, and create 3D models and 2D drawings. Must be proficient in Solidworks.
• Provide knowledge on capabilities of key automation suppliers and providers of automation design and equipment manufacturing.
• Experience with lean manufacturing experience (yield improvements, machine uptime improvements, MUV/scrap reduction, changeover time reduction)
• Experience with process validation support IQ/OQ/PQ
• Six-Sigma Methodology (DOE, Process Capability, Gage R&R, etc) - use of Minitab Software for analysis
• Diagnose and provide feedback for product nonconformance, CAPAs, and customer complaints
• Direct experience required in formulating detailed project plans and managing activities/tasks and track progress electronically
• Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts, challenges, and project plans to all levels of the organization
Education and Experience
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or equivalent technical degree.
• At least 6 years’ experience with a B.S. or 4 years’ experience with a Master’s Degree or 3 years’ experience with a PhD.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Valid through: 9/28/2020
$100K — $150K
44 days ago