Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an Automation Engineer to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Project Manager.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EoI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the UNITED STATES or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
We are currently in search for a Senior Automation Engineer. These are some of the job responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide technical support, guidance, expertise, and leadership related to Instrument and Control design for all phases of greenfield and brownfield automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, implementation, startup, and commissioning.
- Plan and execute Instrument and Control design efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil and gas and process industry projects
- Provide supervisory leadership of Instrument and Control Design project teams.
- Occasional travel / field visits, client meetings, gathering information, startup and commissioning.
- Experience in the integration and brownfield migration of control and safety systems for onshore or offshore oil & gas, refining, chemical, or petrochemical industry projects.
- Experience with brownfield control and safety system migration projects.
- Experience with Front-End Engineering (FEED) phases of automation projects in the energy industry
- Strong background in multiple systems platforms, operating systems and the interactions between systems.
- Strong background and understanding of field instrumentation and instrument wiring methods.
- Strong background and understanding of motor controls and motor control wiring.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to design teams.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Complete understanding of proper drawing organization and production.
- Complete knowledge of department design and drafting standards and procedures.
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work well with project management and all team members.
- Strong ethical standards.
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accountable for results.
10 years industry experience.
5 years experience in a lead Design role, supervising, leading and guiding design and implementation projects.
2 year Associates degree - Instrumentation Control Systems or equal training / experience
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.