Reporting to the IT audit leader, the senior IT auditor directs and participates in the performance of operational and IT audits. They will participate in pre-audit planning for engagements, communication of findings, and development of final audit reports. A minimum of three to five years of Information Technology or IT audit experience and a bachelor’s degree (preferably in Information Technology) are required. Professional designations such as CIA, CISA, CISSP or CCSK are desirable. This role is an integral part of a small dynamic internal audit function working hard to be a trusted advisor on the use and control of technology throughout Putnam
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop audit steps and substantive testing procedures. Prepare audit material request lists and coordinate the receipt of the audit materials. Examine and verify operational and information technology and other supporting documentation and evaluate procedures used in the applicable systems of control
- Execute audits of assigned areas. Examine and verify operational and/or IT processes and other supporting documentation. Conduct interviews and document results. Document audit results and review with manager.
- Responsible for developing the audit report in accordance with departmental requirements. Develop suggestions for improving internal controls and operations, based on audit findings. Document conclusions of audit cycles and organize and reference work papers for manager’s review. Identify control weaknesses, assess the financial impact of the weakness, and formulate useful and practical recommendations to management. Ensure that issues are drafted into report format for review prior to a closing meeting. Plan and conduct closing meetings with management noting their comments and explanations.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stake holders across various divisions. Advise and consult with business units on methods to utilize technology to increase efficiency and control effectiveness. Be an active team member that contributes toward improvements in the group’s overall methods and effectiveness. Research new and emerging risk areas and their impact on the organization, its processes, and our overall audit approach and plan so we are prepared for external and internal events and change.
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the entity’s operations, including major systems, specific policies and procedures as well as the industry standards. Actively pursue continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development.
Essential Skills Required:
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to identify complex business issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, is key to successful performance as a senior auditor. The individual should possess enthusiasm, initiative, sound business judgment, and tact.
- The ability to work effectively with management and staff members in a team environment.
- Proficient in using standard software, such as word and excel, to perform and document work. Experience with audit management software a plus
- Limited travel to remote company locations is expected and some international travel may be required.
- IT auditing skills or hands on administrative experience in at least one of the following areas: system development & testing; Windows technology such as Active Directory; Oracle, SQL; Cloud technology; or Cyber Security including Network/Web Application Firewall.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- CIA, CISSP, or CISA Certifications strongly preferred
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.