- Working with and reporting to the Director - APP, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for:
- maintenance and continuous improvement of our global risk-based audit methodology (AM) and related guidance;
- development and maintenance of Audit's Global Training Strategy;
- assisting with the annual audit planning process;and
- identifying opportunities for enhancing the operational effectiveness of the global audit function.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Maintaining the global Audit Department Methodology through:
- Ongoing research and identification of emerging issues that may impact the Audit Department;
- Keeping abreast of changes in laws, regulations and professional auditing standards;
- Communicating new, and/or changes to existing methodology/standards;
- Developing guidance on methodology issues;
- Participating in the maintenance of the Audit Manual; and
- Developing generic Detailed Audit Programs (DAPs) as required.
- Developing, maintaining and overseeing the Audit Department’s Global Training Strategy, including:
- developing training materials and determining the most effective medium of training for different requests;
- facilitating/delivering training sessions to Audit Department staff globally;
- co-ordinating on-site external training, where appropriate;
- developing a training curriculum to support the Department skill needs;
- monitoring training budget and analyzing variances.
- Assisting in the coordination of the annual audit planning process by conducting quality assurance reviews of risk assessments, business overviews, resource requirements and audit strategies.
- Identifying opportunities for enhancing the operational effectiveness of the global audit function by:
- Obtaining and developing a good understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects/processes;
- Preparing written communications that clearly and concisely outline concerns and recommendations that support the betterment of the global audit function; and
- Assisting the implementation of approved projects within budgeted time.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting other key functions in the department, particularly:
- Audit file / Thematic reviews required by the department’s Quality assurance and improvement program
- Quarterly / ad-hocreporting to Senior Audit Management and the Audit Committee;
The incumbent will collaborate extensively with all members of the APP team located in Canada and overseas, and also with the broader Audit Department.
- Strong knowledge of banking and the financial services industry
- Experience in development and delivery of audit training.
- A detailed knowledge of Auditing technical standards and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years auditexperience.
Candidate must exhibit the ability to:
- apply in depth understanding of risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies in order to develop audit training and to review audits.
- exercise independent judgement when evaluating training requests.
- exercise independent judgement when planning, performing, assessing and reporting on or reviewing engagements.
- assess facts with high level of professional scepticism in order to identify core issues and areas requiring improvement.
- manage multiple activities concurrently.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with staff at various levels (in many cases people at higher levels),
- Ability to express point of view and impart specialized knowledge clearly, logically, convincingly and persuasively in written and oral communication.
- Ability to deliver/facilitate presentations/training sessions to different levels of audit staff.
- Must be flexible in order to adapt to an often-changing environment and to schedule work and resources to meet competing deadlines.
- Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and audit software tools (such as TeamMate).
- Project/change management experience.
- Professional Accounting Designation
Requisition ID: 19712