Do you get excited when you create something new? Put your skills to work and capture that feeling daily with a job designing off-road products such as, ATVs or SxS in the Honda Powersports Structures group. We’re a group of enthusiasts and engineers that share a common interest in using the products we develop. Our vision is to provide products that bring joy to customers within a work environment that develops individual ability to its fullest potential. Join our team of passionate and diverse associates to grow your ideas into new products.
Honda R&D Americas is currently seeking a talented Marketability Test Engineer to join our Structures Group for Honda ATV/SxS development. Our unique environment allows for a combination of desk and hands-on work. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills.
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- - Establish targets for ATVs and SxS vehicles that achieve performance, function, cost/weight, and manufacturing requirements. These targets include overall vehicle specs, ride position/ergonomics, vehicle operation and user inputs, maintenance/serviceability, & environmental compatibility.
- - Ensure appearance targets, regulations, and Honda standards are met.
- - Evaluate competitor products’ strengths and weaknesses.
- - Validate specifications through bench testing, static and dynamic vehicle testing, simulation, & engineering studies.
- - Responsible for developing and managing schedule of daily work to ensure deadlines are met.
- - Daily activities include planning, vehicle set up, component removal/installation, troubleshooting, data acquisition & analysis and report writing.
BSME and a minimum of 8 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience using 3D CAD modeling software (preferably CATIA V5) and demonstrated capability in problem solving and countermeasure development to achieve design objectives is also required. Proficient PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other technical software) and excellent communication/interpersonal skills also required. Need to travel and work overtime may be required.