Looking to power up your career? If you enjoy challenges, have the drive to learn, and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy!What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local communities
Alliant Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Attorney in our Legal Department. This position will focus on litigation and human resources activities both in Iowa and Wisconsin. The role requires direct engagement with business units and project teams. This challenging role provides opportunities to enhance your legal experience and gain an understanding of Alliant Energy’s operations, while providing legal support for initiatives throughout the company.
This position can be located in either Cedar Rapids, Iowa or Madison, Wisconsin. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g. H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position
- part of a team, develops and implements strategies to enable successful results for the company in both litigation and human resource related matters.
- outside counsel, as appropriate.
- Applies a broad knowledge of policy and legal principles and practices to lead the successful completion of projects.
- At times, represents
the companybeforeadministrative agencies. Drafts applications, briefs, and other administrative filings. Monitors developments that may affect a project and recommends
- the appropriate course of action.
- Works with business units to facilitate compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in at least one area of law. Continues to expand fundamental knowledge in own discipline and broaden skills and knowledge about industry and Company.
- Provides analysis of legislative, regulatory and judicial developments within area of responsibility, which might affect the organization.
- Provides legal support to business units of various matters, including reviewing and drafting contracts and other legal documents and carries out assignments with moderate independence.
- Oversees the functional work assigned to paralegals and/or legal interns
- Actively participates in the legal team, including assisting other attorneys on a wide variety of legal projects. Identifies own information that may be useful to others and shares it promptly. Questions the way things are done currently and looks for ways to improve efficiency. Provides feedback to encourage and support others.
- This position requires a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school, college or university and five years of diverse legal experience.
- Must be a licensed attorney