Maxar is currently seeking a Senior ADCS-GNC Analyst to join our Earth Intelligence Space Systems team in Westminster, CO.
Life with Us:
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. We have amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
Your Project: As part of Maxar’s Earth Intelligence Space Systems team, you will support the management and execution of satellite ADCS/GNC analysis activities for Legion satellites now in development, as well as other satellites in development and operations.
Your Responsibilities: You will support the Director of Satellite Development to develop satellite ADCS/GNC requirements, lead analyses in support architectural trade studies, lead detailed performance assessments of architectural components and subsystems, perform detailed design and design verification analysis, and support operations for anomalies as required. You will interact directly with our contractors and mission partners, providing insight and oversight into development activities including design, manufacturing, test and troubleshooting, and launch. You will interface with Maxar ground system development and spacecraft operations and engineering teams to align on space to ground interfaces.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a US Government security clearance at the Top Secret or higher level
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience spanning the following areas:
- Strong mathematics background:
- Control system design and analysis
- Filter theory
- Numerical methods
- Performing mission design analysis in support of conops development, development of detailed system and subsystem procurement specifications, as well as system budgets and performance analyses such as:
- Propulsion budgets
- Propulsion system sizing
- Attitude control system sizing, performance trades
- Attitude control system detailed design verification analysis
- Orbit determination and analysis
- Pointing and geolocation budgets and analysis
- Reliability modeling
- Strong coding experience in Matlab, Simulink and Python
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to lead design reviews for ADCS and GNC algorithms, components and subsystems, and to identify and communicate risk to management
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly the ability to efficiently decompose complex problems into their essential elements, then concisely communicate them to functional management and other technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with the satellite mission development life cycle
- Experience with satellite ADCS flight software development, benchmarking, operations, and/or verification & validation
- Experience with design and operation of flight GNC components (ADCS sensors and actuators, GNSS receivers, etc.) is a strong plus
- Functional leadership or mentorship experience is desirable, as we have a diverse team that includes some junior engineers. This role may quickly evolve to a technical leadership position.
- Government security clearance at the Top Secret or higher level
- Ability to quickly resolve ambiguity using either “clean sheet” analysis from first principles or extrapolating from what’s been done before
- Good organizational skills, particularly the demonstrated ability to multitask and support multiple projects
- Graduate studies may substitute for required work experience.