As a Sr Associate Test Engineer at SAS, you will work to support initiatives in our U.S. Professional Services and Delivery group. The Sr Associate Test Engineer applies software quality assurance and engineering expertise to assure quality throughout the life cycle of SAS hosted and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions. This includes software testing, as well as, the definition of appropriate test strategies and test plans.
- Define, document, and execute test plans and procedures.
- Design, develop, and execute test programs that evaluate the quality of SAS system code written to provide solutions for customers.
- Perform verification and QA of algorithms, data sets and reports used in creating and/or analyzing customer data.
- Verify data loads to ensure: all dates are accounted for, data is accurate and reports accurately reflect data.
- Identify system defects and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Work with developers, analysts, and project managers to identify and mitigate risks to quality.
- Design, develop, and optimize test scripts using standard test automation tools.
- Programming, scripting, and other duties as assigned.
- Cary, NC location highly preferred.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 1+ years of programming experience.
- 1+ years of experience with data querying (SQL) and report development.
The nice to haves
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in SAS Programming – Base SAS, SAS SQL, SAS Macro.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics/SAS Visual Investigator/Viya.
- Experience in QA or development testing, test case management, and defect resolution.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Detail oriented, well-organized and excellent ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-energy team environment.