Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
Greetings from the Workday Adaptive Planning team! We design and build business planning products that thousands of customers love to use. We're the fastest growing platform at Workday, and we're looking to keep that momentum going by filling critical positions with hard-working engineers that love solving hard challenges.
The team is focused on building performant backend APIs that will enable a streamlined Application Lifecycle Management experience for our customers. We are looking for a fast and eager learner to join our engineering team and continue revolutionizing our product.About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you will closely collaborate with the product owner, engineers, and QA to design, build and test backend APIs that will allow Planning metadata and data to move seamlessly for our customers. We are looking for a team-player, go-getter who is motivated to excel and cares deeply for inclusivity, belonging and equity in relationships with Workmates.
Along with these attributes, if you are excited to join a growing and hard-working team in building out best-in-class capabilities that scales against very large data sets and complex planning models, you've come to the right place!About YouBasic Qualifications
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ year(s) developing software in Java in an enterprise environment.
- 1+ year(s) working with SQL and databases like Postgres and/or Oracle.
- BS and/or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals (e.g. algorithms, data structures, etc.)
- Strong grasp of design patterns, coding best practices, and ability to write unit-testable code.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Experience with web service API development & working on SaaS products a big plus.
- Experience with Agile development process.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.