The selected candidate will oversee operation of network & security systems and will be the escalation point of contact for the NOC team. Other job duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all Network and Security OS are adequate, current, and conform to operation security policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the NOC team.
- Train and mentor NOC Team
- Collaborate with and external groups to help identify and resolve network issues
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the network security threat landscape and perform security assessments of IT systems. Evaluate against technical controls and operating procedures.
- Enforce network security best practices; operationally
- Responsible for remediation of security alerts triggered by SIEM
- Responsible for vulnerability scans and remediation management
- Responsible for all network devices and security device configurations
- Responsible for keeping network architecture designs current, ensure port security and firewall rulesets.
- Work operation tickets for issues and requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP network technologies
- Ability to logically troubleshoot & evaluate connectivity issues end-to-end
- A thorough understanding of Cisco IOS routers and switches and strong background with understanding of (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
- Experience with F5 LTM, BigDNS (GTM) and Application Security Manager (ASM)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, IDP/IPS systems
- Palo Alto Firewalls & Panorama
- SIEM (LogRhythm preferred)
- Tenable Nessus Scanner
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, systematic thinking, and a good understanding of
- technologies deployed in the infrastructure environment required.
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts, principles, and best practices required.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with and external contacts required.
- Detailed knowledge of common networking protocols and encryption services and how these serve the elevated security structure of a network.
- Knowledge of data classification and its impact on the security design of networking solutions
- Hands-on implementation experience deploying network & security solutions including firewalls, intrusion detection, access controls, routers, switches, etc.
- Experience with security policy development and impact upon data networking infrastructure planning and deployment.
- Practical hands-on experience with penetration testing, hacking forensics, and threat detection
- Acquire, analyze, and interpret packet captures and logs to accomplish incident response.
- Must be a self-starter & be able to use own judgment to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
- A team player willing to communicate information to make the team stronger as a whole.
Typical Minimum Requirements:
- 3 years work related experience in Networking or Security oriented position
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, engineering, or information technology, or equivalent demonstrated experience, in related information technology or security discipline
- CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CEH, or other network/security related certifications