We are seeking a highly experienced Sr. Associate, Data Governance. The Sr. Associate, Data Governance supports all organization-wide data privacy, compliance, and governance activities with responsibility for improving the protection of client sensitive data and information assets. This role heavily collaborates with the Legal organization in support of the corporate data governance and compliance initiatives. The individual in this position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework, data policies, standards, and practices, both at the department and business levels.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proven thought leader, problem solver and integrator of people and processes, as well as an effective internal consultant. The Data Governance Sr. Associate must also possess solid domain competencies in several IT-risk-related disciplines, including security, data privacy, data protection and regulatory compliance.
- Support ABM by collaborating in the development and implementation of enterprise data policies, procedures, and standards that can evolve with the enterprise data strategy to drive continuous improvement and achieve effective and sustainable leading governance practices.
- Conduct audit & review of data assets & associated processes in partnership with internal audit, risk, legal, compliance, information security to measure & certify data maturity and proactively identify.
- Help promote a Data Governance culture throughout the organization and help manage data as an asset and minimize data risk.
- Work with data owners to operationalize data policies in their respective operational and analytical systems.
- Assist in defining data domains & data classification.
- Will assist in meeting regulatory requirements (E.g. GDPR, CCPA, SOX, etc.).
- Help to monitor ongoing compliance with the governance program to demonstrate adherence to the Data Governance Framework.
- Participate in designing and help to implement data governance organizational capabilities (steering committee, data councils, etc.).
- Work closely with ABM organizational learning and/or communications professionals to deliver and adhere to the established communication, training, and adoption strategy.
- Support leadership on security improvement opportunities and strategy.
- Collaborate with enterprise teams (compliance, data governance, privacy, and cybersecurity) subject matter experts to ensure the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
- Engage and represent ABM with cross-functional committees and working groups as needed to help support data and compliance initiatives.
- Support compliance and security throughout the life cycle of data and services.
- Work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets.
- Support the strategic requirements of the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of academic study. Masters’ degree preferred
- At least 1 Relevant certification(s) (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CISSP, or CISM, CISSP, CDPSE)
- Minimum of 7 yrs. experience IT with increasing level of responsibility in an organization with similar operational scale and geographic footprint.
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in IT security, risk, controls, audit, operations, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Awareness of data governance and compliance practices, with particular focus on privacy, records management, and cybersecurity.
- Experience with risk management and governance solutions.
- Results-oriented and able to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels and manage relationships across business and functional areas.
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of corporate personnel, including operations, management, executive and legal staff as well as external personnel, including auditors and regulators.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- Good knowledge of a broad range of standards and frameworks — for example, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001, IT Infrastructure Library and ISO 20000, Capability Maturity Model Integration and Six Sigma, etc. and relation application or controls.
- Big 4 IT Audit experience preferred