The Sr. Systems Administrator Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.
Responsible for day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for operating systems, workstations and servers. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the goals of projects and assignments.
- Provide Systems Administration of all operating systems.
- Install software and upgrades to operating systems and layered software.
- Perform work in accordance with established IT & Security policies and procedures.
- Enforce change management and compliance processes.
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Provide engineering applications and licensing support for various software applications and other engineering tools.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing HW & SW solutions.
- Set up classified hardware and software, implement configuration management, and conduct required audits
- Ensure data/media recoverability through implantation of a schedule backup and archive system.
- Assure compliance with standards through performance of HW & SW audits of workstations and servers.
- Perform user support functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years related system administration experience
- 3 + years of working experience and expert knowledge of Active Directory administration and troubleshooting
- 3 + years of working experience supporting, maintaining and administering core Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2012 (or beyond)
- AS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Security + CE Certification
- 8570 compliance
- Scripting skills and knowledge of Windows PowerShell
- Strong working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features
- Strong working knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Solid understanding of operating systems
- Good understanding of IT industry practices
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organization success.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- BS in Computer Science preferred.