Job Description: The candidate will be responsible for planning, organization and control of engineering tasks associated with airborne communication testing to include; communication signal evaluation, radio equipment, integration and adaptation of various test equipment to facilitate audio and data communications. The candidate will evaluate current test equipment make recommendations for future expansion coordinated test and repair activities. Resolve engineering design issues concerned with technical development. The candidate will set the highest ethical standards for self and others and perform other duties as assigned.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline and two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5 years of experience in Airborne Systems such as communication systems.
- Testing of Communications systems on aircraft
- RF test equipment and basic RF theory
- Test System definition, system development, integration and test activities
- Frequency allocation, definition and de-confliction
- System interface definition and control
- Hardware and software development, repair and maintenance.
- Management of subcontractor technical activities.
- Customer and Program management interface, bid review and preparation
- Proven technical ability
- The candidate's relative experience should be focused on testing of airborne Communications systems.
- Use of encryption technology
- Must have some demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing and able to work other shifts, weekends and overtime as required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Extra attention given to applicants who have background in communications equipment including HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom. Also, have background in mechanical design, motor control devices, radar theory and repair, antenna theory and length budgets.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance at the Secret level, which requires U.S. Citizenship.