Sr.Architect, Information and Analytic Architecture
Job ID: 13945BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’sTravelers. Our superiorfinancial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns meansecurity for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will findTravelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers has a challenging career opportunity for a solution architect to join a talented architecture team in our dynamic and growing Personal Insurance IT Architecture group. This hands on role provides leadership in all technical aspects of our projects, architecting end-to-end solutions across distributed, host and business intelligence environments. Important to the success of this position is the ability to understand business challenges and to translate them into long term sustainable technical solutions. The architect will work in conjunction with the architecture community to ensure alignment with roadmaps, reference architecture and standards through a common assurance process. We will consider candidates who may be newer to architecture but who possess solid related information technologyexperience, architecture acumen, and leadership potential. The ideal candidate will have experience in current technologies and be able to lend hands-on expertise if needed.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations for analytic solutions. Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews. Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance. Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis. Responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies. Works closely with key stakeholders to build relationships and to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Influences technical direction of projects and system support.
An outline of responsibilities is as follows:
- Work closely with the Business, R&D-modeling community, IT , Innovation community and business teams in blending the thoughts and solutions in delivering business effective solutions
- Work closely with the architecture and design teams in establishing implementation patterns for the solutions
- Influences organizational direction in strategically complex and/or sensitive environments
- Ensure sound architectural practices are followed through architecture blueprint, design and code reviews and through mentorship and organization influence.
- Partners with business to support strategy development
- Conduct PoV and related MVP for new ideas and solutions to evangelize the idea through practical usage
- Work closely with project implementation teams in implementing the MVP to a real-world use case
- Minimum 5year of experience leading Data Warehousing architecture and design.
- Experience implementing enterprise Master Data Management and Metadata Management initiatives.
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL technologies – MongoDB, MapReduce, Spark, HIVE
- Full stack development experience (.NET / Java) a plus.
- Experience with service oriented architecture, REST and middlewaretechnologies
- Strong application architecture and design experience with technologies like Python
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecturerequired.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; advance degree preferred
Excellent analytical, communications (written and verbal), customer service, and decision making skills
* Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organization skills
* Ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to all levels staff
* Must be able to work independently and also as a team member with minimal supervision
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Broad conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned systems and/or projects. Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices & procedures. Has a thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs. Business Knowledge & Partnership: Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all services are meeting the business objectives on a timely basis with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost. Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future technology direction. Keeps all areas informed of developments affecting their function. Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience. Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology, from a short- and long-term perspective. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory. Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information. Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions. Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers. Optimizes the use of all available resources. Completes projects accurately and on time. Critical planning is required as modifications are difficult and costly and may impair achieving of departmental/corporate objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.