$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Facility Alliance Partners are leading-edge innovators in facility design, construction, and maintenance. They work hard to make sure facilities and equipment are designed, procured, maintained, and improved to maximize resources and create tailored shopping experiences for our Customers. Our Design team is dedicated to designing and delivering integrated, highly creative, and innovative retail environments crafted to maximize H-E-B's brand commitment.
As a Senior Architect, you'll create and execute design solutions that support H-E-B's brand and design standards. You'll collaborate and guide internal and external design teams to ensure they are delivering on-time, quality documents that meet H-E-B's design criteria and budget to enhance our Customers' experience.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... drive and desire to produce complex designs that exceed our customer expectations?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... subject matter expertise in architectural design and compliance requirements?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a desire to actively participate in projects? ability to influence internal and external stakeholders?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in architecture or equivalent
- Licensed Architect in the State of Texas
- 8+ years of experience
What is the work?
Design & Development:
- Produces complex and advanced design ideas, concepts, and solutions that will deliver results described as creative, impactful, cost-effective, productive, genuine, resourceful, timely, and complete
- Produces complex and advanced design solutions that positively influence the character of the retail environment within and surrounding the facility in terms of volume, color, lighting, materiality, texture, durability, sustainability, circulation, signage, way-finding, and graphics
- Defines / manages an information program to create design solutions that include a comprehensive floor plan, exterior elevations, interior elevations, and all material selections and finishes that enhance H-E-B's Customer experience
- Presents design solutions through excellent graphic presentation skills, manually / with computer applications
- Creates highly detailed, complete, and accurate two-dimensional plans and merchandising concepts
- Collaboratively works with internal / external teams to review and discuss document solutions that deliver the design intent in an effective, efficient, and productive way
- Accountable for directed support, implementation, and maintenance of standards that promote achievement of successful design execution
- Applies design standards necessary for successful development of building sites
Project Management / Leadership:
- Manages projects from conception through completion, while effectively communicating with consultants; manages overall timelines and milestones for multiple projects
- Applies understanding of codes; performs code research and assessment, including ADA, sanitation, and building codes, and environmental regulations
- Makes project site visits; recognizes, documents, and resolves design issues for compliance with design intent and construction documents
- Serves as expert; provides direction and strategic guidance to design development and process improvements
- Provides outstanding customer service that delivers solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations relative to design, image, productivity, and quality
- Develops clear work plans, processes, and action steps that support H-E-B's overall strategies and achieve results
- Identifies / recommends systems, materials, and solutions that will deliver creative low cost solutions to minimize a project's cost of occupancy
- Mentors / guides other teammembers; provides leadership and expertise to cross-functional teams
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or equivalent from an accredited university
- 10+ years of design experience in the built industry
- State of Texas Architectural registration
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Senior Architect?
- Advanced knowledge of building systems and their coordination / integration (structural, architectural, MEPR); building codes, environmental regulations, handicap accessibility codes and the direct application of such; dynamics / application of site and landscape design; sanitation concerns and regulations and how to apply; appropriate materials use and methods of construction; influence of specifications and criteria development
- Proficiency in graphic design and the use of color, form, scale, and texture
- Strong project management skills
- Computer application and software skills (AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between projects
- Ability to use 2D and 3D presentation graphics
- Ability to remain collaborative, flexible, and adaptable in a fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to participate at jurisdictional meetings, as required
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or plane with overnight stays
Valid Through: 2019-11-13