- Serves as primary source of technical expertise to one or more project teams.
- Helps detail all aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes, technologies and standards
- Leads, reviews and directs the architecture of F5's cloud services offerings
- Prepare/analyze/architect product for future scalability
- Devises and develops new solutions that may involve cross-module dependencies.
- Lead cross functional design teams to develop new product as well as address design issues / maintenance of existing ones
- Regularly informs top management and senior external personnel on company’s technical capabilities and future direction
- Bring industry best practices and help navigate changing technologies and upcoming trends to create a strategic company product roadmap.
- Integrates research and emerging business/industry trends into company product platforms.
- F5 technology spokesperson at internal and external forums
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Act as a mentor for other junior members in the team
- Support upper management as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Internally and externally recognized as a premier technical, industry or product specialist.
- Is well respected by key stakeholders and peers across broader Product Development organization.
- Industry respected speaker, participating in both internal and external events.
- Meeting with key customers and external partners, able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
- Job focus is on future product enhancement and research new technologies.
- Expert in cloud platforms, Agile development models and cloud services with deep working knowledge of public cloud IaaS services
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to mentor and groom other engineers.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Experienced public speaker.
- Increased interaction with executive level.
- Able to articulate product road map and technical differentiators to a wide audience.
- 15+ years’ experience in the development of computer software in areas relevant to F5 product line.
- MA/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.