$100K — $150K *
National Grid is hiring a Sr Architect, Data Engineering for our Data Engineering department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Senior Architect, Data Engineering is a collaborative role on the Data Engineering Team responsible for designing sound, scalable, and performant solutions that meet the requirements in a large data volume enterprise. Solutions and design trade-offs are communicated to business and technical stakeholders for effective decision making.
This candidate will influence an integral part of a major IT initiative to enable National Grid Business Partners by improving how our employees serve our customers today and by creating the platform for tomorrow’s growth. This is an integral role for this enablement program to deliver changes across people, process, systems and technology.
• Design and implement the migration of data from legacy systems to new solution.
• Coordinate with clients, data users and key stakeholders and develop and achieve various long-term objectives for data engineering.
• Design and implement monitoring frameworks to manage data in the DWH solution for both data integrity and accessibility.
• Map data sources and targets for data movement and analyze it to ensure appropriate integrity and quality of all data.
• Suitably address all data related issues such as system configuration and integration across platforms.
• Manage data mappings from source to target solutions for data synch and conversion process flows
• Manage the Enterprise Data Catalog and perform analysis to improve understanding of upcoming changes to target systems
• Ensure data models are current and compliant with data controls
• Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards and promote data-driven design
• Evaluate database deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
• Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements. Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
• Participate in go-live preparation activities such as QA, dress rehearsals, issue remediation, cutover and go-live aftercare
• Participate in data management maturity assessments to identify gaps and pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, analytics, metadata management, master data management
• Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in processes, procedures and systems with regards to data.
Valid through: 4/23/2021
$80K — $100K
$100K — $150K