As a member of the Applied Science team in the Alexa Experiences and Devices organization, you will design and develop fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing problems. You'll work with senior scientists and engineers within Alexa and develop high quality software that is robust, reliable and scalable.
You will gain hands on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous structured data sources; as well as large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in natural language understanding.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about building and deliveringexperiences that delight customers with robust solutions. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, NaturalLanguage Processing and practicalexperience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
· Demonstrated experience with machine learning, natural language processing, deep learning, data mining, and/or text/speech processing methodologies.
· Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, machine learning, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
· Minimum 7 years of software development experience
· Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
· At least 4 years experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
· At least 4 years experience with Test Driven Development or writing unit tests
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Graduate or post-graduate degree a plus
Job ID: 608528