Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Sr. Application Systems Architect in our Duluth, GA location. The Application Systems Architect plays a vital role in the design and analysis of software projects. They design new applications, improve existing applications, develop product prototypes, and create technical documents relating to application development. This Architect evaluates application technologies and makes recommendations for best practices for the company. Also, Application Architects train other team members in programming and software development to improve the overall team’s skills. Architects serve as the expert in designing and application development, providing consultation on complex projects and software products.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the business’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to lead small software development teams comprised of on-site teams, off-site teams, or remote workers
- Apply established design patterns and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) best practices in their design and development of software solutions
- Apply best practices in the design of User Experiences (UX)
- Consults with business teams providing analysis, estimates, design, and programming services
- Creates designs and plans that support the overall customer program by collecting specifications from and interacting with project managers and other stakeholders
- Expertise in integration and web services to provide data and processes to internal and external clients using REST and SOAP technologies
- Experience with stored procedures and other data access solutions to access internal and external persisted data using technologies such as SQL, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in document business processes, rules, component usage, including instructions for use, functionality, descriptions, and activity diagrams of the system
- Assist in code reviews and testing processes, procedures, and plans
- Remains current on new technologies and best practices in the information technology industry
- Be the driving force in bringing new technology solutions to Taylor and Curtis1000
- Serve as a mentor/lead to other IT personnel
- Complete technical scope of work documentation in preparation for building customer solutions
- Participate in knowledge sharing initiatives and corporate initiatives as requested
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area; an advanced degree is an advantage.
- 8+ years of experience
- Object oriented design / Domain driven design
- .NET Framework / .NET Core
- ASP.NET Web Apps, MVC, Web API, Web Services
- .NET Windows Services
- ADO.NET, Entity Framework Core, T-SQL
- Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of or experience in the direct marketing industry, ad agency protocol, graphic arts, and printing industries will be helpful
- Translate technology requirements from internal personnel to external customers and vice versa.
- Familiar with basic creative design and layout techniques as they relate to projects and processes.
- Learn internal software applications as required by account.
- Learn, comprehend, and utilize web and data development concepts to coordinate the development of technical solutions.
- Effectively apply and establish OOD best practices and design patterns within their code.
- Experienced in cloud-based distributed applications with strong federation, dynamic scaling, and configuration, security, and policy management, and fault tolerance capabilities
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19