We are looking for Sr. Applications Systems Analyst for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: Sr. Applications Systems Analyst
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's application systems.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
- The client is seeking a senior analyst that is an experienced Atlassian tool suite (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket) professional to take on the role of administrator in support of the Benefits Management System, PEAK and associated systems and applications.
- The Atlassian tool suite is currently implemented in the on premise/state data center, but as part of moving CBMS to Amazon Web Services and Salesforce, the client will be moving to the AWS hosted Atlassian solution.
- The product suite will be reengineered to support changes to the team work flows.
- This position will work with several project teams to confirm work flows and needs for configuration, management, and reporting.
- Serve as the product administrator
- Provide expertise in the configuration and use of the tool suite, primarily focused on JIRA and Confluence
- Work with the state technical and operations teams to document workflows and use of JIRA and Confluence
- Work with state technical and operations teams to develop dashboards and reports
- Interact with the project team scrummasters on the management of work using the product
Additional Secondary Duties include the following:
- Provide recommendations for software development lifecycle process changes
- Recommend configuration alternatives to support the project teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing JIRA and Confluence in a diverse system development environment
- Clear Communicator (written and verbal)
- Experienced with using common business applications; such as, Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft Project
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to facilitate a work flow session or meeting
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive in reaching for information
- Must be comfortable in an environment with change and many concurrent projects
- Understanding of a government environment or multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to an AGILE or hybrid Agile/waterfall development environment