- As a member of the Demandware development team, the Application Engineer provides high quality code solutions to meet client needs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Demandware ecommerce platform centric projects.
- You are expected to learn the Demandware platform, earn the Demandware Developer certification and become an expert in the API, management tools, and capabilities. You will use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task provided by the Technical Architect or Application Coordinator.
- As a back end focused developer, you will work more on the business logic, real time and back office integrations, using Demandware Script and pipelines to manipulate data, integrate with external services and create jobs for processing data.
- You will generally work independently on tasks, but participate as an active team member in daily scrums as part of our agile software development methodology. This includes joining sprint planning meetings as well as estimating work effort on tasks assigned. You will also be part of the demandware development team, contributing to the team’s success through knowledge sharing in daily team building activities and weekly code presentations, as well as collaborating on internal initiatives as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience developing in an eCommerce environment preferred
- 5-7years experience developing database driven web applications (preferably eCommerce) in Java with J2EE or C# in .NET 3.5 or 4.0
- Experience with web frameworks that implement MVC design pattern (Spring, Struts, Stripes, ASP.NET MVC etc.) or an eCommerce platform (Magento, Demandware, OSCommerce, Marketlive, etc.)
- Strong integrationexperienceincluding the following:
- Real time data exchange via webservice
- Asynchronous file exchange
- Understanding service oriented architecture
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
***Must have full authorization to work fulltime in the U.S. without restriction.