VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware R&D SaaS IT Group
VMware is moving aggressively to position itself as a Cloud services leader. A majority of its current, traditionally on-premise products and net-new software is being surfaced as Cloud services as listed here https://cloud.vmware.com/service-catalog. As part of this transformation, several peripheral services including Customer onboarding and lifecycle, supporting various Payment methods and Billing services, rapid regional expansion in EMEA and APAC, Usage metering etc. needs to be built from scratch. These peripheral and back-office services have stringent user experience, customer satisfaction and availability SLAs and are in-turn leveraged by other engineering teams. An energetic, smart and results-driven engineering team drives these results within this group.
- You love applying technical expertise to significant programming and design problems
- You love to act in a Technical leadership capacity and to mentor other junior engineers
- You Enjoy working with multi-functional teams across Dev, Product Management and DevOps organizations and to make positive impact.
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- Participate in System design sessions and align to operations’ processes
- Drive the functionality / design of VMW’s next-gen Sales compensation model with future needs, scalability and industry-leading best-practices in mind
- Drive discussions on Sales Comp processes for sales, finance and FP&A operations
- Work with geographically distributed team comprised of R&D, IT and Operations
- Analyze business use cases that are eligible for automation
- Author System Design documents and translate / Articulate functional requirements clearly to Developers/QA team-members
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 9-14 years of full-time work-experience in relevant domains
- 5+ years of solid development and implementation experience in IBM Varicent Sales Compensation and SAP Callidus is required
- Strong High-tech experience in finance, sales and Sales compensation domains
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging business leaders, IT senior leadership and Engineers
- Experience in delivering products using agile methodology
- Deep understanding of API and Microservices based architecture, DevOps, CI/CD model
- Solid interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical teams
- Be willing to learn about existing (legacy) IT platforms as well asnew market offerings in this domain and to be able to scale up to new solutions or systems
Nice to Have Experience
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications
- Open source code contributions
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- Established experience in public speaking at user groups, conferences etc.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Spring Developer certification