NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, Splunk and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007.
We offer expert solutions relevant to: Network Infrastructures, Data Center & Cloud, Network & Endpoint Security, Application Assurance, Collaboration & Mobility and Staff Augmentation.
About this Position / Responsibilities
NFF is looking for a Senior Applications Developer to be placed within the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will work closely with Technical Leads, Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to develop, test, and maintain front-end, middle tier, and backend code. The primary focus of the role is to assist in the development of new applications to replace and retire old solutions.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, with strong analytical skills, possesses an ability to learn quickly, and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
U.S. Citizenship Requirement with ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- 10 years’ experience with demonstrated working knowledge of C#, Angular, and Transact SQL programming languages.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, structured application development methodology, MVC, and Entity Framework are highly desirable.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Secure coding practices
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC/Core
- HTML, HTML5
- AngularJS, Angular
- Web Services, API development, RESTful
- Entity Framework (Core)
- SQL coding and application performance tuning skills
- BSc/BA in computer science, economics, mathematics, or relevant field or equivalent experience required
- Understanding of Federal Information Security regulations, standards, and practices such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Understanding of Information Privacy concepts and best practices
- Understanding of Information Security and Compliance and Privacy concepts related to the handling of sensitive information
- Ability to engage stakeholders, understand their needs, and then translate those needs into a minimum viable product
- Ability to translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations
- A collaborative, analytical thinker with outstanding written and oral communication skills and problem-solving capabilities, with a high attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well within cross-functional teams composed of business and technical team members
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient using Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint, and Visio
NFF offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental life insurance and ADD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan
- Paid Time Off