Industry: Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Additionally, the preferred candidate will be able to contribute in the following areas:
• Ability to lead technical direction and solution design with teams
• Work with Product Owners and incorporate user feedback into solutions as part of continuous delivery environment.
• Ability to run multiple tracks of work at the same time crossing various engineering teams
• Understanding of various tradeoffs and ability to make decision balancing security, performance, delivery timeline, testability, maintainability, and production monitoring for medium to large system complexity in a cloud-based environment
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
1. Communicate with various stakeholders on various levels and able to articulate the technical solution in terms of business benefit
2. Communicate with various technical resources within Business Insurance on both delivery and architecture levels.
3. Ability to translate between Business and Technical and vice versa
4. Ability to negotiate tradeoffs with business and technical stakeholders
5. Hard Skills
• Full-stack web development experience
• Programming in one or more of the following: NodeJS, Java or .Net Core
• Microservices architecture pattern and APIs development
• End to end understanding and ability to diagnose performance issues across transactions path in a cloud-based environment
• Knowledge of Docker
• Familiar with Web Application Security including SSO mechanisms
• MongoDB or NoSQL equivalent database experience
• Experience with CI/CD, Unit Testing and continuous integration like Gitlab-CI
• Apache SOLR search engine experience and Exposure to Apache Kafka would be a plus
• Ability to quickly pick up new technologies
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills