This position leads, manages and executes entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize, test, and refine the technology platform requirements, and work with cross functional IS and business teams to deliver the final product. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IS teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation of business requirements and functional design specifications. Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Actively engages with a team of developers, architects, and analyst in delivering business requirements, technical requirements and testing for the implemented functionalities. Work closely with the business throughout the project to ensure solution meets business needs.
- Understands the business operations in detail; knowledgeable of current and possible future practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they relate to other areas.
- Ensures the appropriate IS teams are engaged in the solution so all effected systems are included. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical solution/application capabilities/business requests, and negotiates resolution.
- Lead vendor partners to ensure deliverables are high quality, on time, and meet the business needs. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor. Evaluate, coordinate and/or apply configurations, vendor packages, and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Ability to engage business and extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly. Ability to resolve issues quickly and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas.
- Support creation and implementation of project planning, quality assurance strategy, approach, and detailed plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects.
- Hands-on technical experience managing and administering retail applications specifically in the area of Supply Chain.
- Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills; strong partnering/relationship building skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Superior ability to manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments
- Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management and application implementation methodologies
- Solid Transportation and/or Distribution systems experience strongly preferred. Manhattan Associates Applications (DOM, WMS, TLM) is preferred
- Experience working on projects involving the implementation of 3rd party software solutions
- Experience for managing vendors to deliver components of projects
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple quickly changing and competing priorities
- Understanding of APIs and modern technology architecture
- Familiarity with message formats JS/JSON/CSS/XML
NICE TO HAVES:
- Familiarity with Unix operating system