As the Sr. Application System Analyst - Service, you will be a member of Varian Worldwide Enterprise Application Solutions team, and the primary function of the position is to support Varian Service operation, which includes Helpdesk, Field Service, Training & Education, and Installation, You will be responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational and technological issues and risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting other project managers on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members.
Position can be located in Atlanta, GA or Austin, TX with the potential for remote work within these areas.
- Trains, leads, and provides technical & functional guidance to other team members; directs the work of peers on assigned projects and/or issues
- Support and align efforts to meet business needs; work with the business closely to prioritize the issue backlog; manage users’ expectations by keeping them up-to-date on change results
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary
- Serve as the primary IT point of contact for the service business unit; provide updates on regular scheduled change release in terms of the status and/or problems
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or the equivalent experience is required;
- A minimum of 7-10 years of enterprise-level experience in one or more of the following areas is required: a) Call Center & Dispatching; b) Field Service & Service Parts Management; c) Training & Education
- 5+ years working experiences with CRM solution for Service; experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and FSL is highly desirable
- Proficient in SDLC with good understanding of Agile project management methodology as well as Waterfall project management methodology
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization; ability to effectively communicate technical issues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to toggle between projects and production issues; must be able to multi-task