What will you be doing?Working in a global team environment to troubleshoot and resolve business critical application and system issues. Maintain and monitor server infrastructure. Maintain various versions of Oracle homes such as 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c. Understand multiple Oracle listeners and troubleshoot TNS issues. Upgrade and patch a variety of applications such as Oracle, SAS and SQL Server. Install, administer and troubleshoot various software products such as Oracle Clinical, RDC, EDC, TMS and integrations with SAS. Support Weblogic installations, Oracle Forms/Reports and SAS services. Conduct pilot tests before deployment to verify application behavior. Provide on-call support. Effectively communicate and engage with team members, users and vendors to resolve system and application issues.
What do you need to have?
- 6+ years application production support experience with expert technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced level SQL experience.
- Excellent understanding and application of the SDLC.
- Proficiency in documenting process, work instructions and knowledge base articles.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server/ Client OS and related components (such as ADUC, ODBC, IIS, FTP).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Clear understanding of Active Directory maintenance and tracking activities such as creating, deleting, and modifying user accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to engage users with friendly and engaging conversation.
- BS in Computer Science, or related area; or equivalent professional experience including application-specific employment related experience.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- 2+ years of hands-on systems administration experience with Oracle Argus, Oracle Clinical (OC), SAS Grid, or other clinical applications.
- Creative thinker able to understand, analyze and recommend solutions to drive process improvement and business value.
- Self-starter, able to dive in, investigate and resolve with minimal guidance.
- Clinical or Life Sciences experience preferred but not required.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.