The Senior Application Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting Belk Supply Chain Applications including DOM, WMS and any 3rd party integrations. The role would require partnering with peers, business stakeholders, software & services provider, and colleagues from within and outside the application support team, to maintain and support the application, analyze and troubleshoot the production problems, and perform minor and major enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with IT and business team members to resolve the production issues.
- Troubleshoot production issues of different criticalities with appropriate urgency and maintain the application uptime as per defined SLAs
- Perform production deployments
- Perform incident resolution against established SLAs and ensure proper documentation (SOP) of the solution procedure. Support production deployments, break-fixes and releases
- Round the clock the commitment to maintain the application availability against business SLAs.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, take corrective action and resolve application system incidents and problems
- Participate in planning sessions regarding application, hardware and software changes. Actively engaged in pre- and post- implementation reviews.
- Perform & oversee the troubleshooting, bug fixing, testing, and production deployment activities
- Prepare technical designs for modifications and integrations to applications to support business processes and requirements
- Perform & oversee development and testing for major and minor enhancements
- Handle service request queue monitor and fulfill business and product support requests
- Prepare and execute unit/system test scripts to verify business logic of new or modified programs
- Technical handover of new applications/enhancements from Project team to Production Support
- Collaborate closely with IT team and vendors to understand the architecture and design and as warranted submit change requests for system improvements
- Document, communicate and escalate technical issues, manage to resolution and articulate business impact
- Comply with and help create/update policies and procedures, including standard operating procedure (SOP).
Education / Experience Requirements:
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 + years' experience as Senior System Analyst or other similar technology position; retail domain is a must
- Experience supporting complex systems, troubleshooting production issues
- Experience with 3rd party vendors, consultants/contractors and working with off shore providers
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
Experience in Production Support, Maintenance and Enhancement of Supply Chain Applications
- Production Application Support of 3rd party and Enterprise Order Processing & Fulfillment Applications
- Experience in Application Support and administration – including Order Processing Application, Distributed Selling, Store Order Fulfillment Application, Warehouse Management System
- Experience in Enterprise Integration Applications including MQ, ESB, ETL, Labor and Transportation Management
- Experience in supporting interfaces with Third Party / Cloud Applications
- Experience in production deployments, DevOps practices, Scope Studio and developing utility tools.
- Experience in Relational databases - Oracle, MySQL, DB2
- Good understanding and experience on XML, XML Schema, Web services (JSON, Rest and SOAP).
- Operating Systems like IBM, Linux, and Windows
- Scripting tools like Unix Shell scripts, Perl and Python scripts
- Agile methodology experience