Genentech IT is seeking a highly motivated and customer-focused individual to join our team. Responsibilities include ownership of numerous complex internally developed and commercial Off-The-Shelf (OTS) software solutions with a focus on continuing system and process improvement.
In this role you will have daily engagement with a diverse customer base, wheread-hoc support requirements and tightdeadlines are typical. You will be the primary liaison to various customer groups and work independently to manage their requests and meet their needs with high customer satisfaction. Strong results-orientation is essential, with a commitment to producing quality solutions that meet ITSecurity &Quality standards. Embrace changing ITtechnology, while managing and supporting a robustportfolio of technical solutions. Work with various teams including System Administrators,Database Administrators,Network Administrators andother IT groups to meet the needs of the your customers. Some off-hours work will berequired.
- Responsible for the day-to-day technical operation and support of numerous solutions.
- Ownership of IT Service Management ticketing queues
- Provide application integration and solution support working collaboratively with business partners to achieve their strategic goals.
- Manage the successful implementation and delivery of solution releases, possibly spanning multiple parallel tracks.
- Responsible for the technical oversight and leadership of outside vendors and international software developers working on the solutions that you own.
- Work with various global teams including System Administrators, Database Administrators, and Performance Testing experts at a global level to meet the needs of your customers.
Who You Are
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years familiarity and troubleshootingexperience with variety of LAMP stack based web development technologies including Java, PHP, HTML, XML, and Perl.
- Database query and reporting experience with Oracle, MySql, and MS SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot client applications on both Windows X and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Single Sign On (SSO), reverse proxy, firewall and load balancer technologies.
- Experience in working with software source code repositories.
- Experience interacting directly with business customers to help define their requirements and manage their incoming requests to clearly defined SLAs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: listening, engaging, collaboration, integrity, and confidence.
- Strong technical analysis and decision-making skills. Can independently prioritize work.
- Work experience in a Biotech or Pharma environment (desired).
Job ID: 2730462249