The Senior Application Packaging Engineer position involves working with multiple groups to meet application delivery and troubleshooting demands. Work in a group of engineers/developers who package and deploy over 5,000 applications yearly across multiple locations. Administration of monthly security hotfix deployments via SMS to over 10,000 workstations globally, Microsoft and other enterprise software … security hotfix deployments via SCCM to over 10,000 workstations globally on a monthly basis. Provide daily administration / troubleshooting of a multi-level SCCM 2012 hierarchy.
- Primary responsibilities include hands on development, standardization, and management of all software deployments and patching standards
- Work with application owners to package, script and automate application installs with custom parameters
- Daily administration/troubleshooting of a multi-level SCCM 2012 hierarchy (SCCM is the industry de facto Application Packaging and Scripting product )
- Administration of monthly Microsoft, Adobe, etc. … security hotfix deployments via SCCM to over 10,000 workstations globally
- Administer custom software distribution and reporting website
- Create collections and advertisements for mass software distribution using custom scripting where needed
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolutions
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff
- Collaborate to maintain a library of system-supporting processes and procedural documentation
- Experience in the creation and customization of applications to be deployed across an enterprise.
- Provide deployment statistics on weekends for distributions sent
- Significant experience with Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield and MSI Packaging to customize COTS and custom applications.
- Candidate will have in depth scripting experience
- Experience in deploying, managing and troubleshootingWindows operating systems to include application level support.
- Strong writing / documentation skills providing technical documentation.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous projects and issues.
- Candidate must be able to work as part of a team in supporting an enterprise level infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. 5+ years of IT experience including IT services and support
- An ideal candidate will be experienced in shell, and Powershell scripting, and Microsoft App-V sequencing as well as InstallShield (Flexera Admin Studio) packaging.
- Familiarity with Application Virtualization using Microsoft MDOP
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation with a strong work ethic
- SCCM 2012 Certified is a PLUS