Oversee the customization of new workflow architectures, update software, databases structures, and create new applications using: Java Script, Python, Java, and C# to create and modify current and future programing projects.
Support reporting using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Informatica ETL software, and a Data warehouse.
Follow a System Engineering method using/following the client SDLC
guidelines and template.
Develop and maintain a Systems Engineering Management Plan which contains a Software Development Plan that shall provide incremental system capability and an efficient and effective SOA based development approach for the foundation architecture, while complying with the client SDLC.
Develop and execute a technical plan for the Program in a disciplined and structured manner in accordance with the client SDLC.
Assure “complementary synthesis” of all designs, solutions, standards, models, and methodologies recommended by the Solution Architects
- Coordinate and facilitate the activities of the Solution Architects; resolving architectural conflicts and eliminating technical road-blocks, where necessary
- Document and manage end user and business owner operational requirements, key performance attributes, and measures of effectiveness for all system functionality
- Document and maintain the “As-Is” and “To-Be” architectures by Build (see Appendix A: Program and Technical System Documents Software List), and provide a build-out plan to a level of granularity that clearly supports program planning, budgeting, acquisition reviews, and architecture reviews within the client environment.
- Assist the PMO with evaluation of any proposed additions or changes to the architecture and/or third-party contractors), and submit recommendations in writing for PMO review/approval
- Engage with PMO to formally document, promulgate, develop, and manage the SOA architecture, standards, services, and priorities for future development and use within the system. The Contractor shall provide a service specification for all services purchased, built, or leveraged within the system according to established configuration management guidelines
- Utilize services that have been built or are being developed within the client environment that satisfy one or more requirements of the system. Technical and business service re-use shall always be preferred over developing a new service, unless the technical or business service being considered for re-use cannot meet the established requirements for the system.
- Deploy shared services to help reduce operations costs and simplify IT infrastructure
- Support the government in the continual definition and refinement of the architecture. The Contractor shall be required to align the architecture with emerging standards and ensure that the architecture meets the evolutionary needs of the program.
- Work with the client stakeholders, (and other identified agencies/stakeholders) to solicit requirements and feedback to support the evolution of the services to remain compliant with established the client governance and standards.
- Follow an iterative software development process and produce incremental releases of the architecture, services and / or capabilities required for the Program. Program has goal of 3 week release cycles. .
- At the Government’s request, provide a comprehensive assessment of interoperability when proposing solutions spanning multiple vendors. The Government may request that the assessment include case studies of actual implementations.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher and 8years relevant experience (Master's plus 6 years of relevant experience; Doctorate and 4 year relevant experience). Degrees is required to be in a field relevant to the project manager role.
- Minimum of 8years of experience with the technologies that are utilized by the applications.
- Must have strong experience in Java development.
- Require experience in a two or ore of the following technologies/tools:
- Google Web Toolkit
- Open SSL
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires some combination of the following:
Knowledge of DHS software development lifecycle a plus
Job ID 2018-2034