The Senior Application Engineer – Production Equipment is responsible for supporting the proposal process, in a timely manner, for the Applications/Estimating group. Working with the Account Managers and other application engineers. The incumbent reviews customer requirements and develops accurate responses. These responses include reviewing requirements, choosing the correct equipment, assisting with production equipment package costs, and estimated shipments. This position will be involved with assisting the Production scheduling group in providing best shipping requirements, meeting customer needs. The incumbent will also be responsible for the following:
- Reviews proposed designs and test plans for conformance with contract requirements, and analyzes test data for accuracy and consistency.
- Prepares and/or approves reports, proposals and presentations.
- Reviews, writes and edits reports such as evaluation plans and technical program plans.
- Responsible for assuring that the preparation, release, and maintenance of documentation is in accordance with Company and contractual requirements
- Maintains liaison with customer and contractor representatives in order to review, monitor, and evaluate results for conformity to tasks, specifications and schedules.
- Advises and consults with upper management, customers and industry representatives concerning business opportunities and potential problems which may impact on the Company's business
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
- 4 year College degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years with advanced knowledge of production equipment packages
- Experience with industry standard production equipment packages, which include, but not limited to 2PH/3PH Horizontal and Vertical Separators, Regenerators, Absorbers, Line Heaters, Heater Treaters, Filter Separators, BTEX Units, Fuel Gas Regulating Skids, Heat Exchangers, Coolers and JT skids.
- Capability to multi-task with good organization skills
- Problem solving and decision making with minimal supervision
- Takes ownership of assignments and is focused on tasks given
- Capable to apply ASME, API, NEC and OSHA terms and guidelines on package applications
- Ability to read, comprehend and comment to technical specifications
- Read and modify technical P&ID diagrams for process and utility compressor package services
- The ability to lead and mentor others.