As a Sr. Application Engineer at TCF you will be a top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of applications engineering. This includes providing design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy and expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. You will determine specifications, then plan, design, and develop the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes - either individually or in concert with project team.
- Package in house developed applications for production or integrate vendor supplied applications
- Develop or modify software application design and specific modules
- Support software development lifecycle and apply and follow appropriate programming/engineering methodologies and best practices
- Provide technical leadership in the analysis and review of existing or proposed system features and integration, security, scalability and performance requirements with users, business analysts, architects and team members
- Lead the evaluation and selection process for application packages, and advise on options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals
- Work with senior leadership to participate in new investment proposal reviews and strategic roadmap creation process
- Develop integration plans applying knowledge of software architecture and ensure for the incorporation of plans into integration testing process
- Provide expert advice on complex system design issues and contribute to ongoing planning and development of systems enhancements
- Identify and specify technical / functional requirements, resources and processes for a complex sub-system or major system modification required to meet user requirements
- Creates prototype designs for complex/ significant-risk projects
- Serve as 3rd level support for ongoing maintenance and production issues
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to create and maintain tools, technologies and automated processes that enable a DevOps environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of experience developing using Informatica PowerCenter platforms and various components.
- 4+ years of experience working Oracle or SQL based RDBMS.
- 4+ years of experience using PL/SQL and query development tools like Toad, SQL Developer etc.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through various stages of the development life cycle
- 7+ years of experience in complex engineering environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver. Exp. w/ ETL/Informatica.
- Sound knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Sound knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Sound knowledge of design and programming techniques that provide security
- Expertise to debug code to troubleshoot and analyze defects
- Expert knowledge/experience with querying databases for complex data lookup/update
- Perform code reviews with associate team members
- Financial Services industry experience helpful
- Coach / mentor other team members as appropriate
- Master’s degree in a related field