Currently, Meijer is looking for a Sr. Application Engineer – Hybris. Meijer is transforming their digital experiences by implementing SAP Hybris Commerce to transform Meijer.com and other digital properties.
The Sr. Software Application Engineer - Hybris is responsible for leading implementation and enhancement of vendor software package applications, providing overall business function knowledge to projects and support, incorporating scaled agile framework. This position drives engagement with vendors, company customers, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies/vendor packages, and present solutions. The Sr. Software Application Engineer - Hybris will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development. Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Leads in the functional design, implementation and configuration of vendor software applications.
- Designs and develops interfaces to vendor software applications and assists in deployment of solutions.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the agile team.
- Optimizes packages to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides functional and technical expertise on vendor applications and interfaces.
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure deployment of vendor applications.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for projects features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT members, customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept, to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Any SAFe certification (SSM, SASM, SA, SPC, SPMPO)
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Minimum 6 years of experience in systems development and programming.
- Hybris developer with strong Java/J2EE background in both front-end web design and AEM integration
- Minimum 3 years of SAP Hybris Commerce experience
- 3-5 years of Java development and familiarity of the OSGi Framework and Maven build tools
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Proficient in multiple technologies or systems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.