Job Profile Summary
CAI is seeking a Senior Application Development Manager local to the Ephrata, PA area. This role is requires an individual with a wide range of technical and soft skills. The requirements of the role will spread across multiple aspects of the company from being a liaison between the Executives and application development teams, technical roadmapping, successful project delivery, software application availabilty, customer satisfaction, and incident management.
The individual will be required to provide leadership to the Application Development Teams that consists of Managers, Business Analysts/ Solution Owners, Application Developers and Subject Matter Experts. Responsible for building, maintaining, and providing business support for the IT portfolio of applications for all business units and departments. Provide oversight to all IT aspects of the area including business process management, requirement management, design, development, policies, and procedures using innovation where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and develop teams including hiring, onboarding, maintain high retention and performance management.
- Set goals through collaboration with leaders and cascade goals to teams
- Effective communicate with senior leadership through presentation, well-crafted written communication, and face to face meetings
- Maintain high levels of Application Availability and internal Customer Satisfaction
- Manage all aspects of vendor relationships such as selection, contracts, and performance accountability
- Proactively manage annual budget within cost boundaries
- Provide stakeholders with realistic application roadmaps that supports the operational and business growth needs.
- Effectively collaborate with associates across the functional organization(s) and leverage project management skills to capture project details, manage resources, oversee go-live deployments, and provide progress reports to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Manage the support aspects of their team in a way that promotes a continuous improvement environment and reduces the support burden on the organization.
- Remain current with, and provide recommendations for, new and changing relevant 3rd party technology solutions, as well as development languages and techniques that will improve company productivity and optimize performance on developed solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, providing systems and applications for improved decision-making.
- Collaborate and co-author IT policies and procedures including design and code reviews that ensure associates adhere to sound SDLC standards, coding standards, revision control and quality assurance best practices, and audit for compliance.
- Create and maintain support documentation for their applications and interfaces, and cross-train associates on issue resolutions to maximize application availability and performance and ensures security of data and applications.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology required
- 10+ years' experience with internal customer and stakeholder liaison, business requirements management and business process level solutioning
- 10+ years' experience with Application Development and Support – including software selection, program design, code analysis and system performance
- Knowledge and experience of building, maintaining, and providing support of ERP systems, IT Business Intelligence applications
- Working experince and knowledge of SDLC
- Proven experience developing IT Policies/Procedures
- Proven ability to introduce new innovations to the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize and make sound decisions.
- MBA and related degree preferred
- 10+ years experience with People Management preferred
- 10+ years of Project Management Experience preferred
- Experience with JD Edwards ERP system
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor