Sr. Application Development Lead
5 - 7 years experience •
Job Title: Sr. Application Development Lead
Location: Bethesda, MD
Hands-on technical lead of an expert team of developers advancing the state-of-the-art in automated integration validation at macroeconomic scale. This unique team serves both a daily operational function and as an innovation driver (preparing for future requirements before they are apparent to stakeholders). Your effectiveness in this unique role will require stellar development, architecture and root-cause analysis expertise, along with the ability to effectively communicate to technical and business stakeholders at all levels. Key Job Functions
- Hands-on leadership of integration automation development team members.
- Drive the continuous improvement of automated integration validation suites.
- Work closely with other development teams and business stakeholders to identify emerging requirements and other opportunities for optimizing integration validation suites.
- Drive the day-to-day triage and root-cause analysis (RCA) of validation run failures, with a focus on using data to drive process improvement via reporting and (eventually) machine learning.
- Drive team planning and negotiation with stakeholders as new initiatives are identified, budgeted and scheduled.
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle Java/J2EE system development delivery
- A shorter, but exemplary, history of hands-on technical leadership accomplishments is welcome.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Strong skills in core Java, server-side Java technologies, and Spring frameworks
- Expert-level experience using Cucumber and JUnit at enterprise scale
- Demonstrable expertise with Git-based CM tools
- Solid experience with continuous delivery practices and associated tools like Team City, Jenkins, etc
- Demonstrable experience with test automation framework design and implementation
- Demonstrable ability to provide hands-on development leadership
- Extensive experience in software design, architecture, development and integration
- Solid knowledge of messaging middleware, including EMS/JMS and application servers
- Solid knowledge of event processing models, multi-threading, enterprise integration pattern, Web Services and REST
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Financial Services (FinTech)
- Mortgage Securitization, in particular
- Agile software development
- Experience leading vendor teams to deliver software at enterprise scale
- Familiarity with AWS (or Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)