Responsible for work on the complete life cycle of the development of a project, providing technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting application software and for application development of new and existing applications/systems to ensure development conforms to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements.
This position is responsible for writing the most complex programs of a development project as well as maintaining and supporting existing applications. This position is also responsible for translating business requirements into effective and efficient computer systems of a larger project. This person will be capable of completing the detail design phase of a project by preparing program specifications.
This position is responsible for the design, coding, unit and system testing, documentation, assisting in training and implementation of projects, programs, work flows, etc. which are assigned by the Project Manager/Leader.
This position has additional responsibilities when he/she is given a team leader project assignment, which are, but not limited to: the assignment of tasks to members of the project team, reporting overall project progress, calling and chairing project review meetings of all phases of the project life cycle with IT and client management and receiving sign-off upon completion of each project phase.
This position is responsible for maintaining a very high level of technical expertise on all operating systems, software and hardware platforms.
This position requires the ability to come up to speed on existing production systems and support them as needed.
- At least 5 years technical experience in the design, development, testing, and deployment of Enterprise applications.
- Well defined communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for communicating with both the technical staff and end-users to understand application requirements and design.
- Experience completing functional design documents based on business requirements.
- Experience completing test plans to ensure all functionality is thoroughly tested.
- Experience completing implementation plans to ensure installation has minimal disruption to the organization.
- Ability to evaluate and bring a resolution to the trade-off between functionality, ease of programming, system performance, and project timeline constraints.
- Experience / familiarity with the followingtechnologiesis a plus:
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web API or similar web services framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Analyzes business application requirements and develops specifications for databaseconstruction, data modeling, and normalization.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system. Evaluates effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Develops real-time applications for use in multi-platform environment.
- May develop applications using web technologies.
- Maintains and documents interface systems and resolves database performance problems as required.
- Develops appropriate program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Provides reports on project development status to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Provides technical direction and training to lower level Application Developers.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems and participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.