We are looking for Sr Application Developer for our client in Salt Lake City, UT
Job Title: Sr Application Developer
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Client conducts approximately 300 environmental sanitary surveys (water system inspections) annually.
- The division’s engineers are currently using an old Access based application to generate the survey.
- The current survey documents are difficult to use and do not always contain all of the requiredinventory based questions.
- The client wants to update and replace the current ESS system with a web based system.
- The intent is to provide inspectors, Local Health Departments and Water System Operators with an easier method to conduct the survey.
- To assist the development team, it has been decided to augment the team with a skilled senior developer for this project.
- Some on site development will be required for this project.
- Experience developing database driven Java web applications.
- Knowledge of technologies and frameworks utilized by DTS for DEQ.
- AJAX, HTML, CSS
- Spring MVC and Hibernate Java frameworks.
- SQL Databaseexperience (Oracle).
- Knowledge of database design.
- Knowledge of SQL code (PL/SQL)
- Experience creating and working with user stores and use case documents
- Experience in Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience preparing software documentation for future reference and maintenance needs.
- Experience with the applicable testing methods need to evaluate and validate code.
- Ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
- Ability to successfully plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience creating and using RESTful web services.
- Experience coordinating web application design
- Experience coordinating the activities or tasks of people, groups and/or organization(s)
- Client Side
- UMD Headers
- Spring Security
- Server Site Frameworks
- Spring MVC
- ORM Data (Mapping) Tools
- Oracle 12c