Develops, modifies and administers application programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs.
- Follow established development life cycle to develop, test, and modify system software, utilities, and other application software
- Provide input, support, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems documentations, and applications software, etc.).
- Evaluate system application needs based on user requests and communicate with the requestor, as necessary, to clarify user requests
- Participate in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements.
- Acquire/enhance technology expertise by remaining current with evolving systems programming, analysis, and database technology.
- Make recommendations about the business and operating environment of the company.
- Develop, foster, and maintain an open, professional relationship between IT and other departments to enhance client satisfaction.
- Secure relevant information, integrating data from different sources and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Develop alternative courses of action and making decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
- Generate and/or recognizing creative solutions and innovations in work related situations to mitigate risks to project success.
- Encourage and facilitate the transfer of information, experience, and technology both within and across project and departmental boundaries.
- Assist in troubleshooting and/or building upgraded/integrated solutions between departmental systems.
- Lead projects if required.
- Create, maintain and implement program source code
- Available to travel when required
- Implementation/Execution: Must be skilled at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: The ability to encourage others in collaborative problem-solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources. You engage others in problem-solving without taking over.
- Innovate: Introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Working well with others and in a team environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success with 10+ years of work experience developing solutions with Visual Studio, SQL Server, and .NET Framework.
- Experience in developing software-based solutions in client/server & distributed applications with n-tier architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of all versions of MS SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in developing ETL solutions, stored procedures & functions and ETL performance tuning.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Access, VB Macros, Project, Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio etc.
- Proficiency in creating reports using SSRS or Crystal reports.
- Proficiency with database modeling and design.
- Good knowledge of Project Management Lifecycle using Agile Development Methodology and ITSM knowledge areas like Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures.
- Experience in revising and updating programs/systems
- Experience with producing program and system documentation
- Experience using SDLC methodologies and source code control applications
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with the Following is a Plus:
- Experience in developing client/server applications
- Working knowledge of source control tools like TFS or GITHUB.
- Understanding of retail business model, ERP, and ecommerce systems
- Process flow diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Familiarity with Angular.JS, and Analytics (Dashboard, and Data Warehouse) tools is a plus.