The senior solution architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting architecture activities that create deliverables to guide technology investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted business outcomes. The role focuses on business technology strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions. This role is responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts. This role also supports strategic programs and portfolio of projects aligned to a business capability
- Use experience with User Experience, User Interface and mobile design and implementation to develop application architectures as a first step to business enablement capabilities.
- Support and influence business and technology innovation that drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
- Detail potential competitive threats from external challenges that are generally considered outside of your traditional realm of competition.
- Engage key business stakeholders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning.
- Work with stakeholders involved in business technology strategy and innovation to develop an IT investment roadmap.
- Create deliverables that illustrate how to strategically move the business forward.
- Work with enterprise architecture to define a clear plan and governance for ensuring the business architecture work aligns with enterprisearchitectures.
- Provide strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partners in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Work on enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
- Facilitate agreement on organizational work models and processes to meet business requirements.
- Consult on business-facing programs and large projects, and maintain knowledge of their progress.
- Work with the enterprise program management office on reporting program and large project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partners.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience as an architect in the application discipline.
- 5+ years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, application architecture and development, middleware, integration, business analytics, databasedevelopment/management.
- Experience with User Experience and User Interface design and implementation. Mobile interface design desired.