The Sr. Application Architect is going to have the opportunity to help execute on the merger of two major corporations. They will be learning new systems, technologies, frameworks, in addition to, learning how our 2 business models merge into a new, go-forward operating model. This individual will be assisting in defining our technology capabilities as it relates to DevOps, Agile, Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure), Microservices Architecture, as well as numerous tools & techniques to support multi-platform distributed application environments.
- Quickly come up to speed on current state of technology, as well as, future state roadmaps and strategic plans
- Bring new ideas, innovative thoughts, challenge the norm, identify opportunities for advancement
- Understand the business model for Group Insurance and the challenges/opportunities in the market
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with both business and IT peers
- Accountable for adherence to standards for Macro and Micro Design, including the approval of: Component Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Interface Specifications, Class Design, State Diagrams, etc.
- Accountable for department software architecture.
- Accountable for development of, and compliance with, Enterprise Architecture and department architectural and development guidelines and best practices.
- Accountable for providing technical solutions/direction to ensure systems/ applications are highly available and meet approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assesses the impact of technology decisions on business direction and roadmaps, and communicates outcomes with senior IT and business leadership.
- Collaborates with senior IT and business leadership to incorporates new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Creates and maintains the application architecture relationship with Enterprise Architecture.
- Identifies and leads the implementation of process improvements that improves quality across team, department and/or business unit for IT.
- Identifies and mitigates risks with complex processes and technologies.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging, in-house developed and vendor, systems/ applications, as well as currency.
- Prepares and obtains approval from Enterprise Architecture on project/initiative Solution Proposals.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise on the creation of development standards and guidelines in accordance with Work Implementation Process (WIP) and Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Provides direction on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring that an iterative approach is followed.
- Provides direction on estimation for annual planning, continual planning and various tier estimates throughout the life of a project or initiative.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex programming, designing and prototyping.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex Unit Testing.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, project Load/Performance tests and analysis.
- Provides direction to department Federated Architects.
- Provides subject matter expertise in defining best practices for development and implementation.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- 5 - 7+ Years of experience in IT Architecture that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position.(Required)
- Programming knowledge required (multiple platforms/languages)
- Experienced with CI/CD
- Extensive experience in SOA, ESB, API, and Microservices architecture and implementation.
- Experience in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments, specifically in AWS; as well as with the migration of legacy systems to cloud.
- Experience driving technology-based transformation by leading system design, technical architecture, developing/adhering to standards & governance across the enterprise.
- Proven experiencepartnering with business and IT teams in a highly collaborative, agile, fast-paced environment to develop software solutions from concept through production implementation.
- Strong initiative and drive to move major initiatives forward.
- Ability to see the big picture and how multiple initiatives relate to one another.
- Proven experience building strong relationships/partnerships with peers and business partners.
- Motivated to bring in outside ideas, new technologies, challenge the norm, and know where we can make the biggest impact with our time/resources. #LI-KM1