7-Eleven is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer - APIs to join the Digital Technology Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
About the job:
The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Python and Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products.
You have a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- Expert in either Python or Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.