Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do? Do you think outside of the box?
T-Mobile’s software developers develop a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. As a software developer, you work in small teams to tackle problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love. We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Building and maintaining an Android IPTV platform for both handheld and tablet devices.
- Ability to define T-Mobile specific requirements and work effectively with other organizations and peer engineering teams on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc.). Cowboy coders need not apply.
- Work with device/network vendors on issues, log collection, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Support the Device Design, Network Design, Network Performance, Network Validation and Marketing teams for new feature/product launches.
- Support feasibility/analysis for validation of new technologies, products, features, and services. Work with device design as well as network design to formulate development strategies.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ years experience in Android and mobile technologies.
- Solid understanding of Java and the Android ecosystem.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services and networking.
- Solid understanding of hybrid mobile applications.
- Knowledgeable about the Google Play Store and Android Apps.
- Proficient in database storage mechanics and efficient data retrieval.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.