7-Eleven is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer - Android to join the DigitalTechnology Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
About the job:
The SSE-A must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in Android application development with JAVA and Kotlin. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and releases Android Apps to drive our digital products.
You have a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
- Executes full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation) to create reliable and flexible Android apps bound for the Google Play Store and retail customer’s devices.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- Expert in Android App Development on either JAVA or Kotlin
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Solid understanding of Material Design for Android
- Proven track record for building applications for the diverse and fragmented Android device ecosystem
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/intrapenuer mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Familiar with frameworks such as React Native, Angular and Ionic